Not all refurb projects are back-breaking. In fact, there wasn’t much to this little table.
I’d say the worst part was cleaning up all the filth. I found it at a garage sale a few weeks back. Now, normally the color of peach would make me feel a little yuck, but the color wasn’t the most nauseating part, this table was covered in ashes and grime. I still can’t get over someone actually offering something up for sale that had so much muck on it… But, then again, it didn’t stop me from buying it. So, I guess I’m the one off her rocker.
I cleaned the whole table with a degreaser (Windex is also awesome) to remove all the grime, tightened up the bolts on one of the legs, and gave it a good once over with ye’ole palm sander. I wiped the sanding dust off with a damp cloth and after it dried gave it 2 coats of white latex paint. After the white paint dried I drew on a mustache and painted it black.
My favorite part is always the end of a project… You know the part where you take something old, paint it to look new and then distress it on purpose, lol. I guess it’s just what I do. I again, took the palm sander and went over the entire piece, mustache and all, paying special attention to the corners and edges, wiped clean and finished with a quick, wipe on – wipe off coat of Early American stain.
Now it can have a new funky life.